A 2019 NFL Mock Draft days after the 2018 NFL Draft? Of course. We do that yearly. Last 12 months’s year-in-advance Mock Draft appropriately projected 11 of the 32 first spherical picks. For this 12 months, we projected the draft order primarily based on our staff expectations for 2018.
1. Cincinnati – Drew Lock, QB, Missouri. Think we’ll see the tip of the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton eras subsequent 12 months. The 6-foot-Four, 225 pound Lock made a giant leap as a junior, and as of now, he’s the most effective QB in subsequent 12 months’s class.
2. Buffalo – Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State. Got their future QB (Josh Allen) and now they get a franchise pass-rusher in Joey’s “little” (6-foot-Four, 270 kilos) brother, who has 13.5 sacks in two seasons.
three. Arizona – Ed Oliver, DT, Houston. Got youthful on offense in the ’18 draft; now get Oliver, who could also be the most effective inside lineman prospect since Ndamukong Suh.
Four. Miami – Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn. One of the largest surprises of the 2018 draft is that Miami didn’t draft a QB. Stidham began at Baylor, then transferred to Auburn, and has been good in each spots.
5. Tampa Bay – AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss. The Bucs properly obtained three defensive backs in the draft, and the most effective DT. Patience is sporting skinny with Jameis Winston. But maybe speedy AJ Brown (11 TDs) can pair with Mike Evans and promising Chris Godwin.
6. Chicago – Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson. There’s most likely going to be a necessity at WR for Mitch Trubisky (although I like Anthony Miller quite a bit), however worth in Lawrence – who may go #1 – is just too good to cross up.
7. Baltimore – Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama. Protection for Lamar Jackson, if Austin Howard’s greatest days are behind him and 2018 third spherical decide Orlando Brown doesn’t ship. The Ozzie Newsome-Alabama pipeline even continues after the nice GM has departed.
Eight. New York Jets – Trey Adams, OT, Washington. Sam Darnold will get his blindside protected by the hulking (6-foot-Eight, 327 kilos) Adams, who missed half of 2017 on account of a knee damage. I have a look at 2018 as a prep-year for 2019, when Darnold might be able to run the present.
9. Washington – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon. Insanely gifted, and has the scale (6-foot-6, 225 kilos), however had final 12 months slowed by a damaged collarbone. Has #1 total potential. Yes, I’ve obtained reservations about Alex Smith.
10 Denver – Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern. Don’t snort, the child is massive (6-foot-Four, 225 kilos), and has proven regular enchancment over three seasons. Tore his ACL in the Music City Bowl, and determined to return to high school.
11 Kansas City – Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan. This is embarrassingly low for the previous #1 highschool recruit in the nation. At 6-foot-5, 280 kilos, we’re taking a look at an elite, potential #1 total decide when he dominates for Jim Harbaugh subsequent season.
12. Oakland – Michael Jackson, CB, Miami. No shock that Jon Gruden’s first 4 picks had been all in the trenches. The secondary nonetheless wants assist.
13. Cleveland – Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson. Yes, I believe the Browns might be this good subsequent 12 months. And I nonetheless can’t imagine they handed on Sam Darnold and Bradley Chubb.
14. Detroit – DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia. Next 12 months’s CB class doesn’t seem like as loaded as this 12 months, however Baker ought to be probably the greatest prospects.
15. Seattle – Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama. The Seahawks miss the playoffs once more and so they proceed to rebuild the protection.
16. Atlanta – Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama. Remember him? Go watch the Clemson movie, when he had three TFL, 1 sack, and usually wrecked havoc.
17. Tennessee – Irv Smith, TE, Alabama. Loved the Titans first two picks in the ’18 draft, and I believe they’ll have to handle tight finish quickly, with Delanie Walker turning 34 in August.
18. NY Giants – Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss. Tried to let you know Giants GM Dave Gettleman likes the trenches; his first 4 picks concerned the run recreation or stopping the run.
19. Green Bay (through New Orleans) – Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State. The 6-foot-5 300-pounder could have entered the NFL draft and gone in the mid-rounds; one other nice season could put him in the first spherical.
20. Philadelphia – Ken Webster, CB, Ole Miss. Missed the 2016 season after struggling a knee damage in the opener; returned in 2017 to have a solid year. An All-American candidate in 2018.
21. Indianapolis – Bryce Love, RB, Stanford. It’s time to get excited once more about Andrew Luck and the Colts. They’ll add one other piece on offense in Love after rebounding with Luck’s return and Quenton Nelson bettering the offense in 2018.
22. New England – Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois. Led the nation in pressures final 12 months, and had 15 sacks. A bit undersized (6-foot-1, 230 kilos), but loaded with potential.
23. San Francisco – Cameron Smith, ILB, USC. Probably doesn’t go this excessive, as a result of he’ll be deemed too massive, and too sluggish, and gained’t check nicely. And then he’ll have an superior, All-Pro laden 10-year run for any individual.
24. Minnesota – Zach Allen, DE, Boston College. The Vikings might need the most effective roster in the NFL, and the one place you’ll be able to by no means have sufficient depth is in the cross rush. Allen (6-foot-5, 285 kilos) definitely qualifies.
25. Jacksonville – LJ Scott, RB, Michigan State. I’m apprehensive concerning the Jags brutal schedule, and the truth that if Leonard Fournette misses a big period of time, they’re in hassle. Scott doesn’t have the pace, however he’s almost similar in dimension to Le’Veon Bell, who additionally performed for Sparty.
26. Carolina – Collin Johnson, WR, Texas. DJ Moore has star potential, however I’m undecided you’ll be able to say that for the staff’s different WRs.
27. LA Rams – Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA. Understandably, there are Super Bowl expectations for subsequent season. Bolstered the line of defense, upgraded the receivers, and maybe the final piece to the puzzle is a robust tight finish.
28. Houston – Damien Harris, RB, Alabama. I’m bullish on the Texans with Deshaun Watson at QB, and Harris would add unimaginable one other dimension to a potentially-awesome offense.
29. Dallas – Juwan Johnson, WR, Penn State. I cherished the Cowboys’ 2018 draft, and there’s good depth at WR, however the 6-foot-Four Johnson can be the proper massive goal for Dak Prescott.
30. Pittsburgh – TJ Edwards, LB, Wisconsin. Steelers had a puzzling draft, and didn’t tackle the Ryan Shazier state of affairs. Still, I like them to make a deep playoff run. Remember, this bogus call value them HFA, and arrange a horrible matchup towards the loaded Jaguars.
31. LA Chargers – David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State. I imagine the Chargers have protection to make a run on the Super Bowl, although the creativeness on offense leaves a lot to be desired. Nobody makes people miss like Montgomery.
32. Green Bay – Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo. One of probably the most productive players in Buffalo offensive history. Possibly the varsity’s greatest prospect since Khalil Mack.