Buddy Valastro is finest identified for being the “Cake Boss,” due to his starring function on the TLC actuality present of the identical identify, however that doesn’t imply the superstar chef can’t additionally craft a delicious, savory meal.
In truth, Buddy’s Smashed Meatball Sub recipe is a family-favorite that seems on the menu at Buddy V’s Ristorante at The Venetian in Las Vegas, and the cookbook creator, 41, is now sharing the household recipe with Us Weekly in honor of National Sandwich Month, which spans the whole month of August.
“The Smashed Meatball Sub is an easy-to-assemble comfort food that combines some really simple but delicious components: perfect meatballs, crisp bread and quality cheese,” Buddy tells Us. “Serving this at our family cookouts is always a smashing success!”
Featuring grandma’s meatballs, provolone, herbed ricotta and marinara sauce, this mouth-watering creation is ideal for a easy, weeknight meal. Check out the whole recipe beneath.
Smashed Meatball Sub
Makes 1 serving
• 6 ouncesdry bread (small diced)
• 6.5 ouncesmilk
• 2 lbs floor pork
• 2 lbs floor veal
• 2 lbs floor beef
• 1.5 cup egg
• zero.5 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tbsp dry Italian herb mix
• 6 tbsp parsley (chopped)
• 1.5 cup Panko bread crumbs
• zero.5 cup Pecorino cheese
• zero.75 cup Parmesan cheese
• four.5 tbsp salt
• 2 tsp pepper
• 5 meatballs
• 2 ouncesricotta
• three ouncesmarinara
• 2 ouncesprovolone (sliced)
• 1 hoagie roll (eight”)
• 2 basil leaves
- Soak the dry bread items in milk for about 15 minutes.
- Place all meatball components collectively into mixer outfitted with paddle. Mix collectively completely.
- Portion into 2 ouncesmeatballs.
- Sear in pan utilizing olive oil, rotating to sear all sides.
- Put seared meatballs into scorching marinara sauce and simmer till meatballs attain 165 levels.
- Place the recent meatballs with sauce on the underside of the hoagie and smash meatballs into bread.
- Top meatballs with provolone slices and unfold ricotta on prime aspect of hoagie.
- Place whole sandwich into scorching oven till the cheese is melted.
- Once melted, tear basil leaves onto meatballs and place prime half of bun onto sandwich.
- Cut sandwich in half and serve.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking superstar information, scorching pics and extra delivered straight to your inbox!