Felipe Baloy, Ricardo Ávila and Abdiel Arroyo are in for Panama. Both groups have used all of their substitutions.
66’: Can’t They Give Them Just One?
England rudely denies Panama their greatest probability but at a purpose.
Jordan Pickford denied Michael Murillo one-on-one, however couldn’t he have simply led the Panamanian rating as a confidence booster?
62’: Kane Again! Hat Trick!
Oh no, poor Panama. Harry Kane makes it 6-Zero. Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s shot from exterior the field clipped off the heel of Kane, who was simply making an attempt to get out of the best way, and wrong-foots Jaime Penedo, who had no probability.
57’: England Busted for Pulling Shirts
The referee blows his whistle for some shirt pulling in the Panama field, and all people is relieved to see it’s referred to as on England and isn’t a 3rd penalty.
53’: When Will Goal Six Come?
England are nonetheless making an attempt for a sixth, and it appears doubtless they’ll get it. Raheem Sterling has already gotten in behind, solely to be denied by an alert goalkeeper, they usually’re bypassing Panama’s strains with ease.
46’: Still a Second Half…
Apparently they haven’t referred to as the match, and we’re going to play the second half. Is England going to strive scoring, or will they sit again and be content material to handle their 5 purpose lead?
England is profitable 5-Zero. They are comprehensively higher than Panama, who’ve gifted the Three Lions two penalties, left John Stones (John Stones!) fully unmarked on each a nook kick and free kick to attain two targets, and have been sloppy with the few probabilities they did have.
45+1’: Make it 5 Goals for England!
Another penalty for Harry Kane, one other wallop by the goalkeeper into the highest left of the purpose. Kane now has 4 targets, becoming a member of Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo in the race for the Golden Boot.
If this had been a Little League match the mercy rule would’ve already been invoked.
Matthew Futterman: Amazingly, Hernan Gomez mentioned yesterday that this match may be uglier than the Three-Zero loss to Belgium. And sure it’s.
It’s value remembering now, as soon as once more, that Panama completed third in Concacaf qualifying. Team USA completed fifth. Those matches included a 1-1 draw in Panama City. Stew on that for a bit earlier than you get too haughty in case you are an American soccer fan.
43’: Penalty to England!
Oh my god, it’s getting even worse for Panama. Aníbal Godoy bear-hugged Harry Kane on a nook kick. Kane was manhandled in the identical means towards Tunisia, however it was by no means referred to as. This time it’s.
Matthew Futterman: The marking was a lot better on that set piece for Panama, besides that somebody forgot to inform them that bear-hugging is just not allowed in the World Cup both.
40’: England Scores Again!
Suddenly John Stones has scored two targets in the World Cup. After a pleasant little free kick transfer, Harry Kane heads the ball throughout the purpose to Raheem Sterling. His try is well-saved by Jaime Penedo, however Stones places in the rebound together with his head.
36’: Goal for England!
Jesse Lindgard’s 25-yard roller ticks off the underside of the cross bar and in. It got here after a pleasant 1-2 with Raheem Sterling, and at Three-Zero the rout is formally on at this level.
Matthew Futterman: In my daughter’s league whenever you get six targets forward you’ll be able to’t shoot anymore. What is the mercy rule on the World Cup? For what it’s value, Panama-Tunisia could also be a extremely good, meaningless match.
29’: Panama Attacking
Panama lastly controls the ball for a quantity of passes and will get an amazing ball in behind the protection, however as soon as once more the assault ends with no threatening shot on purpose.
22’: 2-Zero to England!
After a brief run-up, Harry Kane thumps the ball into the highest left nook of the purpose.
Panama was already struggling in this match. Just about the very last thing they wanted was to present away a penalty.
Matthew Futterman: What you missed whereas the cameras adopted Kane’s celebration — Panama grabbed the ball and tried the previous schoolyard trick of restarting whereas the opposite workforce is off the sector. Referee Ghead Grisha needed to blow his whistle and clarify that isn’t allowed on the World Cup.
20’: Penalty to England!
Jesse Lindgard managed the ball excessive, and was bundled over by Fidel Escobar. Referee Ghead Grisha didn’t hesitate in awarding it.
16’: Pressure by Panama
Édgar Bárcenas’s curving shot from exterior the field sends Jordan Pickford right into a full dive, however it’s exterior the put up. Panama retains getting probabilities although …
Matthew Futterman: Panama has now had two good probabilities and missed the purpose badly on each. How many extra will they get this afternoon? My guess is just not very many. The solely means these small groups win is that if they’re fully medical on their probabilities.
12’: England Sloppy Despite Leading
England is clearly the higher workforce, however they’ve had a couple of unhealthy giveaways in their very own half. If Panama was a sharper aspect, it could be a giant drawback.
Armando Cooper is booked for stepping on Jesse Lindgard’s heel.
eight’: England Goal!
For John Stones, who was fully unmarked on a header, and powers it into the underside left nook from the penalty spot.
It’s truly unbelievable how unmarked Stones was. There was no intricate motion or feint, he simply ran previous his marker to the ball.
Matthew Futterman: I’m probably not positive what Panama was pondering there. How do you not mark the actually tall defender in the center of the penalty space on a nook kick?
5’: Panama Chance
Panama wastes an amazing probability. Aníbal Godoy was slipped in on purpose, however his shot is blasted over.
Things have stopped right here for a couple of minutes after Jesse Lindgard was elbowed in the face going for a header.
We are underway from Nizhny! England is in white, Panama in purple.
Matthew Futterman: It’s critically sizzling right here in Nizhny. On paper, the warmth could be the solely factor that may stand in the best way of England in this one. They’ve obtained a lot better, a lot youthful gamers, amd overwhelming numbers in the stands, too. No offense to Panama, which did wonderful work simply to get right here. As my good friend and former colleague and Englishman Jon Clegg likes to say, the Brits can typically flip a humorous shade of pink after they get sizzling and pissed off. That’s what Panama needs to be capturing for.
1. Jordan Pickford; 5. John Stones; 6. Harry Maguire; 2. Kyle Walker; eight. Jordan Henderson; 7. Jesse Lingard; 21. Ruben Loftus-Cheek; 18. Ashley Young; 12. Kieran Trippier; 9. Harry Kane; 10. Raheem Sterling
The solely change from the beginning 11 that defeated Tunisia is Ruben Loftus-Cheek coming in for the injured Dele Alli.
1. Jaime Penedo; four. Fidel Escobar; 5. Román Torres; 6. Gabriel Gómez; 15. Érick Davis; 2. Michael Murillo; 20. Aníbal Godoy; 11. Armando Cooper; 21. José Luis Rodríguez; eight. Édgar Bárcenas; 7. Blas Pérez
No adjustments from the startling 11 that was thumped by Belgium.
England vs. Panama Top Story Lines
• It shall be near 90 levels at kick off. England declined to attempt acclimatizing to the temperature, which figures to favor the Panamanians.
• England, who had been a lot better than Tunisia, nonetheless needed to be rescued by Harry Kane in their 2-1 victory.
• Panama was smashed by Belgium in their first group stage match.
• The greatest drama in the English camp the previous couple of days has needed to do with a leaked team sheet. Assistant supervisor Steve Holland was photographed holding a bit of paper that appeared to point out that Marcus Rashford will change Raheem Sterling for this match, inflicting English supervisor Gareth Southgate to declare that the English media must decide in the event that they wish to assist or harm the workforce.
• Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who regarded harmful as an alternative towards Tunisia, is predicted to exchange the injured Deli Alli in the beginning lineup.
• Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo have every scored 4 targets in their first two matches. Harry Kane should rating two to maintain tempo.
• This is Panama’s first look at a World Cup. They are led by the Colombian Hernán Darío Gómez, who managed his dwelling nation through the 1998 World Cup and Ecuador through the 2002 version of the match.
Some Pregame Reading
• England was beset with bugs in their opening match in Volgograd. Luckily this sport is in Nizhny, 600 miles north of Volgograd.
• Is soccer higher in Spanish? That’s what Telemundo would have you believe.
• The solely place to drink cocktails referred to as “B sample” and “Meldonium” is the infamous Sochi drug testing lab turned gastro pub.