four. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
5. Denver Broncos
6. Indianapolis Colts (from New York Jets)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
eight. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Oakland Raiders
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington Redskins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams
24. Carolina Panthers
25. Tennessee Titans
26. Atlanta Falcons
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Pittsburgh Steelers
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. Minnesota Vikings
31. New England Patriots
32. Philadelphia Eagles
• It is anticipated that a minimum of 4 quarterbacks — Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Mayfield and Josh Rosen — might be taken within the first spherical. It can be simply the ninth time that many went within the first spherical, and there’s a probability fifth quarterback, Lamar Jackson, might additionally go on Day 1, which might tie it with 1999 for the second-most quarterbacks ever behind the 1983 draft that yielded six.
• While Allen has constantly been put among the many prime picks in mock drafts, he impressed the primary gentle controversy of this draft when some offensive tweets from his highschool days had been dug up by web sleuths. Allen has apologized for the language he used — together with racial epithets — and defined that he was merely younger and dumb.
• The San Francisco 49ers are within the enviable place of getting had such a poor begin to final season that they’ve a top-ten choose, however a promising sufficient end that they’re a possible breakout workforce even earlier than they draft. Getting some ability gamers to enhance Jimmy Garoppolo is the precedence, however one other younger affect defender would hardly damage, particularly with no assure that Reuben Foster will nonetheless be with the workforce as soon as his authorized scenario settles.
• The Giants are one of many extra fascinating groups within the draft due to the elephant within the room who goes by the identify Eli Manning. The workforce recommitted to the two-time Super Bowl winner after his temporary benching final season, however the truth stays that he’s 37 and has not performed at an elite degree lately. Barkley often is the most secure choose for the workforce no matter want at quarterback, however sooner or later they want a quarterback of the longer term and the workforce hardly ever drafts this excessive.
• Penn State’s Saquon Barkley might proceed a latest development of working backs being taken within the first 5 picks. He can be the third working again taken in that vary within the final three seasons after only one — Trent Richardson in 2012 — had accomplished so in a span of seven drafts. The different two — Ezekiell Elliott (Cowboys) and Leonard Fournette (Jaguars) — have been spectacular up to now of their brief N.F.L. careers. Read more about Barkley here.
• Beyond Barkley there are usually not a number of apparent star candidates among the many working backs and huge receivers. Alabama’s Calvin Ridley might thrive, however he’s one among simply three or 4 receivers which are anticipated to go within the first spherical. It is even worse amongst working backs, the place Barkley and L.S.U.’s Derrius Guice are the one ones more likely to come off the board tonight.
• Commissioner Roger Goodell is used to being booed on the draft, however this 12 months could also be completely different as he plans to stroll onto the stage with Cowboys legends Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and Jason Witten. “I’m sure he’s going to get a good response with us being out there,” Staubach advised reporters. “If they boo, all of us are in trouble.”
• The first defensive participant off the board is more likely to be North Carolina State’s Bradley Chubb, whereas the primary offensive lineman is anticipated to be Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson, which is notable as he’s a guard reasonably than a deal with.
• Fans of the Chiefs, Texans and Rams might be sitting on their fingers as we speak as not one of the three groups has a primary spherical choose. Barring trades, Kansas City will make its first choose within the second spherical (54th general), whereas Houston (68th) and Los Angeles (87th) might be selecting for the primary time within the third spherical.