12’: Spain Getting Close
Spain is making an attempt to string via passes for his or her fullbacks or attacking midfielders to run onto, after which reduce in the direction of the purpose. They’ve been shut on just a few.
eight’: Morocco Mad About Slide
Morocco is sort of heated at, properly, the whole lot. Most notably on the referee separating gamers earlier than a nook kick and for calling a foul, and at Gerard Piqué for sliding in two-footed on a problem.
four’: Spain Has Early Edge in Possession Time
Through the primary couple of minutes, the sport has unfolded just about how you’ll count on. Spain has possessed the ball more often than not and is probing for cracks within the Moroccan protection, whereas Morocco tries to interrupt at velocity each time it will get the chance.
We are underway! Spain is of their conventional purple, whereas Morocco is in white.
David de Gea Still Looking for First Save
David de Gea could also be the perfect goalkeeper on the earth, however, extremely, he’s the one keeper and not using a save within the World Cup. That tells you one thing about how a lot Spain has possessed the ball, how good its protection is and the way scientific Cristiano Ronaldo was in placing three previous de Gea within the opening match.
Starting Lineup: Spain
As it seems, only one change from the facet that defeated Iran 1-Zero, as Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago is available in for Lucas Vazquez.
1. David De Gea
15. Sergio Ramos
three. Gerard Piqué
18. Jordi Alba
2. Dani Carvajal
6. Andrés Iniesta
5. Sergio Busquets
19. Diego Costa
21. David Silva
Starting Lineup: Morocco
With nothing left to play for however pleasure, Morocco additionally makes just one change. Romain Saïss replaces Medhi Benatia within the central protection.
6. Romain Saïss
four. Manuel da Costa
2. Achraf Hakimi
17. Nabil Dirar
10. Younès Belhanda
14. Mbark Boussoufa
eight. Karim El Ahmadi
13. Khalid Boutaïb
7. Hakim Ziyech
16. Nordin Amrabat
Spain vs. Morocco Top Story Lines
• The participant to look at on Morocco is attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech. He is a fast left-footed attacker, equally comfy scoring or offering the ultimate go. He represented the Netherlands on the youth degree, earlier than deciding to play for Morocco internationally.
• Spain didn’t look vastly spectacular in defeating Iran 1-0 of their final sport, solely scoring on a fluke.
• In shedding 1-Zero to each Iran and Portugal, Morocco seemed like the higher workforce for lengthy stretches, and is unfortunate to already be eradicated.
• If Spain tops the group, they’ll play Russia within the spherical of 16. If they take second, they’ll face Uruguay. If they’re third, they’ll be going house for the second straight World Cup.
• If Spain and Portugal each win or each draw, the group winner will come all the way down to tiebreakers.