46’: Second Half Begins
Peru will little question nonetheless be ruing that horribly missed penalty. Denmark most likely has the slight edge at this level, however the result’s certainly nonetheless within the stability.
A header by Poulsen of Denmark went extensive, and the half ends. As with the early match, the VAR is the story, although Peru was unable to capitalize. Zero-Zero.
45’: V.A.R. Leads to Penalty, however Peru Misses Chance
Peru acquired a collection of passes within the field that culminated not with a shot however with Cuevas taking place. No name. But wait, a video overview, and a penalty was known as ultimately! Cuevas with the shot … a horrible penalty; it goes miles over the online!
42’: Danes Bringing Pressure
Delaney of Denmark one timed a shot, as Peru was confused, defensively, nevertheless it went properly extensive.
40’: Denmark Free Kicks Into the Wall
A giveaway set Sisto of Denmark on a run towards the field. He was introduced down by Tapia of Peru. Yellow card and a free kick simply exterior the field. The kick by Eriksen went straight into the wall, however rebounded to present Schone an honest shot. Saved.
36’: Different Approaches
Denmark has been way more methodical in its offensive build-up, whereas Peru has gone immediately for aim. Neither methodology has introduced a aim.
32’: Peru Misses Chances
Through ball to a charging Carillo introduced an incredible probability for Peru, however his shot went extensive. And simply afterward Farfan was equally stymied.
27’: Denmark Picking Up Pace
Peru began energetically, however Denmark has been turning it round, taking up possession and getting a string of corners. No near-goals for the Danes but, however the recreation is way more evenly balanced.
19’: Denmark Misses Chance
Corner to Denmark after a uncommon prolonged possession. Keeper Gallese punched it away.
13’: Action Picking Up
A bit run by Carillo of Peru led to a curling shot, however Schmeichel was there once more. Peru getting the very best of the motion to this point.
9’: Chances Remain Slim Early On
A really lengthy vary shot by Yotun of Peru (an MLS participant for Orlando) was caught simply by Denmark keeper Schmeichel.
5’: Slow Start
Delaney was fed the ball within the field for Denmark and chested it, nevertheless it went the mistaken means one way or the other. No actual probabilities for both facet but.
Peru, in white, play of their first World Cup match for 36 years. Denmark are in crimson.
1. Gallese 2. Rodríguez 6. Trauco eight. Cueva 10. Farfán 13. Tapia 15. Ramos 17. Advíncula 18. Carrillo 19. Yotun 20. Flores
1. Schmeichel four. Kjaer 6. Christensen 7. Kvist eight. Delaney 9. N Jørgensen 10. Eriksen 14. Dalsgaard 17. Stryger Larsen 20. Poulsen 23. Sisto
Denmark vs. Peru Top Story Lines
• Peru is within the World Cup for the primary time since 1982. The squad fought its means by way of the robust South American qualifying group, ending forward of Chile (and benefiting from Bolivia utilizing an ineligible participant). No South American crew can ever be counted out, however Peru is definitely one of many weaker groups to signify the continent.
• Peru striker Jeferson Farfan, 33, lastly will get his probability on the massive present, the place he’ll play behind the striker, if chosen. That striker shall be Paolo Guerrero, additionally a vet at 34.
• Christian Eriksen is the star man for Denmark after one other nice season at Spurs in England. A do-it-all midfielder, he can rating, move and anchor setpieces.
• In aim for Denmark is Kasper Schmeichel, the son of the legendary keeper Peter Schmeichel. He is aware of one thing about upsets, having performed with Leicester in its miraculous Premeier League-winning season.
• With France more likely to seize one spot from this group, and Australia a long-shot, the results of this recreation is arguably essentially the most essential. The winner can have one foot within the subsequent spherical.