46’: Second Half Under Way
Senegalese referee Malang Diedhiou will get the second half underneath means. Will each groups be content material with a degree, or will any individual push for a profitable objective?
Both groups have performed about as anticipated, as Serbia tried to place crosses into the field for his or her sturdy attackers, whereas Costa Rica has been content material to defend and await a counter assault. Hopefully we see one thing within the second half to unlock this match.
A spectacular bicycle kick try from Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is saved by Keylor Navas, however the assistant referee raised his flag for offside. The replay confirmed that Milinkovic-Savic was clearly onside.
39’: Costa Rica Missed Chance
Marco Ureña has the primary Costa Rican probability in awhile, as Dusko Tosic’s slip offers Ureña a shot from the highest of the field, however he places it harmlessly over.
33’: Serbia Yet to Capitalize
Serbia has had a couple of half-chances, however haven’t been in a position to get an excellent shot off. They’re fairly consistently attacking down the appropriate aspect, largely by way of Dusan Tadic and Branislav Ivanovic. On the constructive aspect, during the last 10 minutes they’ve shut down each Costa Rican counter assault try earlier than it may start.
22’ First Yellow Card
The first yellow card of the match goes to Francisco Calvo after he slid in late on Dusan Tadic.
17’: Serbia Asserting Itself
Serbia is controlling the ball extra, trying to get it extensive and fizz a cross or low ball into the field. Costa Rica has tried quite a lot of instances to slide Marco Ureña in behind the Serbian protection, and has come shut on a couple of of them.
12’: Missed Chance for Costa Rica
Giancarlo Gonzalez popped free on a nook kick, however his again put up header sailed effectively over. Afterwards, his head in his arms stated all of it.
three’: Exciting Game Early
Both groups have whipped harmful balls into the field, and each have put headers on objective.
1’ We’re Off!
Costa Rica is in crimson and blue, Serbia is in white. After a scare that he was injured throughout warm-ups, Serbian captain Aleksandar Kolarov is out on the sector.
1 Keylor Navas
three Giancarlo González
6 Óscar Duarte
2 Johnny Acosta
20 David Guzmán
5 Celso Borges
15 Francisco Calvo
16 Cristian Gamboa
21 Marco Ureña
11 Johan Venegas
10 Bryan Ruiz
1 Vladimir Stojkovic
three Dusko Tosic
15 Nikola Milenkovic
11 Aleksandar Kolarov
6 Branislav Ivanovic
21 Nemanja Matic
20 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
four Luka Milivojevic
9 Aleksandar Mitrovic
22 Adem Ljajic
10 Dusan Tadic
Serbia vs. Costa Rica Top Story Lines
• Costa Rica might be the worst crew in Group E, however they received’t be intimidated. In 2014 they have been drawn into a gaggle that includes world powers Uruguay and Italy, and England, and Los Ticos topped the group. They even defeated Greece within the spherical of 16, earlier than happening to the Netherlands on penalties.
• Five Costa Ricans ply their commerce in Major League Soccer, together with potential starters David Guzman and Marco Ureña.
• Despite main Serbia to the highest of their World Cup qualifying group, supervisor Slavoljub Muslin was fired in October, with complicated participant choice and tactical rigidity cited as the explanation. Instead, Serbia will likely be led by Muslin’s assistant, Mladen Krstajic, who solely ended his taking part in profession in 2011 and has by no means managed a crew earlier than.
• Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic’s subsequent look will likely be his 104th for his nation, passing Dejan Stankovic to change into essentially the most capped Serbian participant.
• Keep an eye fixed on Sergej Milinković-Savić, a 23-year-old midfielder who performs for Lazio. He’s been linked to many of the European giants, and it’s possible that one in all them will quickly pony up a ridiculous sum for his providers.
Some Pregame Reading
• With a inhabitants of fewer than 5 million, Costa Rica is among the smallest nations competing on this World Cup. Read about how they, Panama and Iceland are in a position to compete with world powers.
• The video assistant referee system has already performed an enormous half on this event. Learn how it works earlier than it comes into play on this recreation.
• The Guardian has a nice story about Costa Rican defender Oscar Duarte, and how he is ready to deliver usually feuding neighbors Costa Rica and Nicaragua collectively.